Monday, July 28, 2008

JEFF WINIKOFF, PASSIONATE ABOUT COMMUNITY SERVICE

From: Marge Teilhaber
To: Ellen Winikoff
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dear Ellen, Sam, and Ben,

I am Marge Teilhaber, SVHS classmate of Jeff’s. I know Jeff since 8th grade at Kakiat Junior High School. I didn’t go to the 40th reunion so I didn’t get to see Jeff or meet you, Ellen.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss. From everything I know about Jeff as a kid and from what I’ve learned about him lately, I know what a terrible loss this is for Jeff, too! He certainly wasn’t done and thoroughly enjoyed his life and made a significant positive impact on many people.

Sincerely,

Marge Teilhaber
_______________________________________

From: Ellen Winikoff
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008

Marge,

This is the first time I've opened Jeff's email. I was lucky enough to have shared a life with him for most of the 40 plus years after SVHS. I certainly recognize your name, Marge, and know that he had fond memories of that time of (almost) innocence.

You're right: this was a terrible loss for all of us, including Jeff. He loved being a judge and he was passionate about community service. I'm in the process of developing a foundation in his name to continue those ideas that were so dear to him.

My children and I are comforted by the outpouring of compassion and kind words.

Warmly,
Ellen Winikoff
_______________________________________

From: Marge Teilhaber
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008

Hi Ellen,

Yes, there sure has been an outpouring. I’ve read every entry on the legacy site. That’s how I know that the great guy in high school became an accomplished and terrific great guy as an adult, sense of humor intact, evolved, and wonderful. I’m sure you enjoyed him immensely.

When the foundation is established, let me know so I can spread the word.

It’s so nice to hear from you, Ellen.

Marge

No comments: